Department Application for Programs in Equity, Leadership Studies and Instructional Technologies
Please read instructions thoroughly. Following these application procedures carefully will ensure prompt and accurate processing of your application for admission to our department programs and to San Francisco State University.
Applications deadlines for programs in the Department are as follows:
- Fall semester May 1
Both the SFSU Graduate Application and the department application must be submitted by the appropriate deadline. The University Graduate Admissions Office may extend the application deadline. However, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
- Application can be accessed online at www.sfsu.edu/~gradstdy/
Send official, sealed transcripts from each college or university attended to:
SFSU Graduate Admissions
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue, CA 94132.
The department application also consists of the requirements indicated below:
- Two letters of reference from professors, employers, or other people you have worked with on a professional basis.
- One set of transcripts, copies are acceptable, from all colleges and universities attended including SFSU, both undergraduate and graduate.
- Statement of Purpose outlining the reasons for wanting to pursue a degree and/or credential in the selected program.
- If you are applying for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, you must submit a copy of your valid California Basic Teaching Credential, CBEST Score, and one letter must be from school site Principal.
- If you are applying for the Professional Administrative Services Credential, you must submit a copy of your valid Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.
- Program Advisors and Evaluators may contact students for interviews.
Submit all department application materials directly to the department and separately from the SFSU Graduate Admission Application.
Evaluation of application are conducted by faculty in the program identified by the applicants academic program objective and approved by the department chairperson. Students interested in pursuing additional objectives in a different program area must submit a separate department application. Students can only be admitted into one program at a time. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 gpa in the last 60 units of coursework. Application deadlines will apply.
Continuing students currently enrolled at SFSU and submitting an application to be enrolled in an additional credential or to add a masters degree must fill out a Change of Program form and submit to the Department office.
Notification of Admission
Evaluation of the CSU/SFSU and department applications are conducted independently. The SFSU relies on the departments recommendation when minimum CSU requirements for admission are met by the applicant. The applicant will receive a letter of decision from both SFSU and the Department of Administration and Interdisciplinary Studies. Students notified of admission will subsequently receive registration materials from SFSU. Students currently enrolled in the university will receive notification only from the department.
Each student admitted to the department is assigned and notified of their advisor in the Department of Equity, Leadership Studies, & Instructional Technologies recommendation of admission letter. You may meet with your advisor during office hours scheduled each semester or attend the advising meetings that program coordinators schedule before the start of each semester. Our program flyers list each advisor and their telephone numbers.
Status of Application / Questions
Please contact the department office for assistance and referral:
Dept. of Equity, Leadership Studies, & Instructional Technologies
BH 239, (415) 338 - 1653
University Application Status
Office of Graduate Admissions
ADM 254. (415) 338-2234